Today’s recipe isn’t exactly fancy but it’s one of the easier snacks to make and gives your daily protein intake a big bump. With only 6 dirt-cheap ingredients, you can’t really go wrong with this one.
- 25g protein powder – I’ve heard rumours that protein is good for building muscle or something? Thought I’d try it out…Go with vanilla flavour for the best results.
- 25ml milk – Keep it organic & keep it full fat. Full of nutrients like calcium, zinc and magnesium, don’t underestimate the teet juice.
- 1 egg – Eggs are full of protein and saturated fat. Most of that fat is in the yolk so keep that in to get the full spectrum of nutrients that this testosterone fuelling superfood has to offer.
- 1 Tbsp Peanut butter – Full of healthy fats and a decent serving of protein, peanut butter is as good a muscle building food as you’re going to get. Not to mention it gives the recipe its main flavour.
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract – This one doesn’t really add any health benefits to the recipe but it makes the world of difference to the overall taste of it. Make sure you include this.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda – Baking soda is the unsung hero of health supplements but is slowly beginning to gain the attention it deserves. Along with a tonne of household and cosmetic uses, it can be used along with creatine to supercharge your workouts.
As I’m sure you are all aware of now, I like really complex cooking methods. Today is no different, so prepare to be Heston Blumenthal’d…
- Add your ingredients into a mug and mix it all up.
- Put said mug into a microwave for 45-60 seconds.
- Enjoy the fruits of your strenuous labour.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 14 g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 3 g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 246 mg||82 %|
|Sodium 705 mg||29 %|
|Potassium 6 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||5 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 31 g||61 %|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This is a classic recipe that has been round for years but a lot of people don’t know just how simple it is. The ingredients will cost you less than a sandwich and will yield lots of bloody tasty muffins as well so you basically have no option but to try this one out.